Welcome to the Legislative Committee's webpage! The committee's roster may be downloaded here.
Meeting Dates & Times
Conference calls are scheduled monthly. Email firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to be included in those calls.
The Legislative Committee works collectively on issues specific to legislative activities at the State and Federal level.
- The State and Federal Relations Coordinator is the chair of this committee. Committee members are designated by each region board.
- Appointees must hold active membership in MEMSPA.
- In addition to region representatives who are active members, there may be up to three (3) retiree representatives on this committee.
- Membership on the committee is for a term of two (2) years. No member should serve more than two consecutive terms.
- Duties and responsibilities of committee members are not limited to but shall include:
- Regular attendance at meetings
- Reporting back to regions, and
- Other duties as assigned.
- The MEMSPA executive director and president-elect will serve as ex-officio members of this committee.
For concerns of a legislative nature you may contact:
MEMSPA Executive Director, Paul Liabenow at email@example.com; or call 1-800-227-0824